Have you visited my previous post about opening an account in First Metro Securities Brokerage Corp. with zero initial investment? If you haven’t, you shouldn’t miss that one, even if you opt to invest in FAMI’s mutual funds. Check it out here.
Here’s a short tutorial on how you can open a monitoring account for your FAMI Mutual Fund Investments.
- You should have opened an account in First Metro Securities Brokerage Corp. (FMSBC). FMSBC is the brokerage arm of the Metrobank Group. If you haven’t opened an account yet, you can open anytime with zero initial investment. Check it out here.
- You should have an existing FAMI mutual fund investment. If you haven’t, you can open anytime with just a minimum P5,000 initial investment. You can check here how to open an account.
- Download and appropriately fill up the Letter of Authorization for Existing FAMI account. You’ll be needing your FMSBC Account Code and your FAMI Client Account Number.
- You can locate your FMSBC Account Code in your Trading Account. Just login and refer to the figures on the right side of your Username
- For your FAMI Account Number, you can refer to your Statement of Account (SOA) at the topmost right. If you haven’t received an SOA yet, just email FAMI at email@example.com. They’re quite accommodating (in my case, I received my SOA a day after my investment was booked)
- Submit the accomplished Letter of Authorization to FAMI, cc FMSBC, through the following means:
- FAX to FAMI at 816-0467 copy FMSBC 859-0699
- email a scanned copy with signature to firstname.lastname@example.org copy email@example.com
Once submitted, you’ll receive an acknowledgment email from FAMI. In their email, I was told that it would take 2 to 3 days before changes will take effect. On my case, I’ve submitted the documents on a Friday. Then, at Monday, I can already see my investments in my account.
How to Access the FAMI Mutual Fund Monitoring?
The monitoring portal is accessible inside your FSMBC account. Once logged in, click on the menu “FAMI” located at the rightmost part of the menu.
Another tab will open, reflecting your most recent mutual fund transactions, with details such as the following:
- COR No. and Date
- Fund Code (Fund Subscribed in)
- No. of Shares bought
- Latest NAVPS
This would really be a good tool to check how your investments are growing.
I was told that you can do Buy and Sell transactions from the account as well, although, I haven’t tried that one yet.
Incoming search terms:
- metrobank mutual fund investment, first metro securities, metro bank mutual funds, fami online account, soa@fami com ph